Wednesday, 2 March 2011

02/03/2011. Day 5.

Rather slow day. Woke up very late. Drank my coffe at my table, checked emails, slashdot, 4chan, chilled out a bit, made a couple of long farts and mumbled "meh".

At 16h things started to get going, after many days of "Its not time yet to decide that" I finally got back to Perl. Since I'm studying a lot and studying is my only mission, if I wanna get proficient in Perl, the time is now. And its such an awesome language -- if you're going to program and you're not at least acquaintanced with Perl -- you're offending the universe.

Tomorrow I intend to study a bit more of Perl and keep going. I wanna see if I can do some regexps on Apache logs and blacklist IPs or something of that nature. And do that on TCPdump too, to see whats happening. This remembered me that after all headaches, stresses and everything, I enjoy making technology work immensely.

Today I had a brief moment of questioning my goals. They're fine goals, but they're hard and they take long to accomplish. Too hard and too long and you'll start questioning your choices somewhere down the road. I talked with mom a bit and it seems it was just doubt-vulgaris, nothing serious.

I just remembered I ought to take pictures of some things I want to post here. I'll go take some tomorrow and post them here slowly. Most of them were broken things I fixed. Well, most of them were broken things not meant to be fixed. That's the beauty of it.

I'll go to bed and read Ayn Rand - Attlas Shrugged. I bought it mainly for the philosophy whilist thinking "well, this might be a tad hard to digest" but no! Its so well written! Its awesome to read and its easy going. Philosophy set asside, seems like a good novel. I'm only thirty pages into it, so I can't say much for now.

Today also the rope on my pushup bar broke. I managed to get some spare and fix it in 10 minutes or so. That deserves a picture as well. There will be one then.

Alright, not such a bad day now that I look at it. Tomorrow is awesome day again. The clock is set. 8am. I know him, and he is not mercyful. I better go to bed already.

No comments:

Post a Comment